Wednesday, September 15, 2010

thinking about playwriting

Getting ready to put together an Artist's Way group at the Austin Museum of Art and journaling and thinking about my own playwriting or lack thereof. I am thinking abt doing a reading for Austin Shakes of my version of Antigone. That "should live" .... I have lots of drafty stuff for a play about American/freedom and the Middle East, mainly Turkey. But soo much more to do on that. Weekends are really the best time for playwriting if we don't have a show in rehearsal and that won't be for months... so ... time to dig into the journal more and do some soul searching. What do I really want to write about. what subjects do I want to live with a year or two or three. Old friends like Jason Phelps ask me about playwriting and I just have to shrug and say I haven't been doing it seriously in the three years I have been at austin shakes. But that is part of the reason the Artist's Way group can help me.. give me the jump start I need.

No comments: